Congratulations to our 2017 Scholars!
Scholarship applications due February 1, 2018.
ACPA Family Services is pleased to award annual college scholarships to outstanding students nationwide. These include:
- Peter Randall, MD & Don LaRossa, MD Scholarship Award
- Earl “Gip” Seaver, PhD Scholarship Award ($1000)
- One $500 award for a student enrolled in a community, vocational or technical school
- A minimum of five general scholarships of at least $500 each. Additional scholarships of increased amounts may be offered as funds are available.
To be eligible for ACPA college scholarships, a student must:
- Have a diagnosis of cleft lip and/or cleft palate or other congenital craniofacial difference (including submucous cleft palate, craniosynostosis, Crouzon syndrome, Goldenhar syndrome, hemifacial microsomia, hemangioma, Jackson-Weiss syndrome, microtia, Moebius syndrome, Pierre Robin Sequence, 22q11.2 Deletion syndrome/VCFS, Treacher Collins syndrome, etc.).
- Not have received a CPF college scholarship in the past.
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited post-secondary institution or program in the United States during the year of award.
Preference is given to rising first-year students in any field and to currently-enrolled students in a field of study related to cleft or craniofacial conditions (e.g. genetic counseling, speech-language pathology).
Award recipients are selected by the ACPA Family Services Committee based on:
- Past academic performance
- Evidence of leadership and/or community and school involvement
- Indications of future academic success
- Applicant essay
All scholarship applicants will be notified of their awards status following the Family Services Committee’s selection of recipients in the spring. Scholarship funding will be sent to the recipients’ respective college institutions prior to the upcoming Fall semester. Please contact ACPA directly with any questions.
ACPA gratefully acknowledges the many generous contributions made to the Peter Randall, MD/Don LaRossa, MD and Gip Seaver, PhD College Scholarship Funds. These special funds recognize the work of Dr. Peter Randall, Dr. Don LaRossa, and Dr. Earl “Gip” Seaver, all of whom have worked diligently to enhance the quality of life for individuals affected by cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial anomalies.
Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive