Yesterday, our Director of Operations, Stephanie Williamson, enjoyed a conversation with Rasalie Perera, one of the good folks at the welfare flight organization, Miracle Flights. Rasalie was excited to share news and updates about the organization and its services.
If you’re not familiar, Miracle Flights is a non-profit organization that provides flight assistant anywhere in the US for kids in need of distant medical care. Rasalie tells us that the organization has recently reinstituted its international flight program as well.
- Roundtrip medical flight to facilities for second opinions, treatment and/or follow-up;
- Roundtrip service dog training flight to train with and retrieve a new service dog and for recurrent training needs;
- Roundtrip flight for blood/organ donors assisting treatment;
- Flights are on commercial airlines;
- Flights are offered as many times as needed;
- Services are not limited to a specific disease or condition.