Happy 2014 everyone!
We hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and that you are ready to read, comment, ask, answer, interact, and just generally connect with us and others here on Cleft Connection this year!
The new year is a great time to regroup and refresh so we’d like to take this opportunity to share a refresher on what exactly it is that we do here at the Cleft Palate Foundation and hopefully on how we can help you.
So let’s get started!
So what/who is the Cleft Palate Foundation?
The Cleft Palate Foundation (CPF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1973 to be the public service arm of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
Our mission is to serve individuals and families affected by cleft lip/palate and other craniofacial conditions by connecting them to team care, providing education, and offering personal support.
What does the Cleft Palate Foundation do?
- provide information to educate patients, families, and professionals,
- make referrals to cleft/craniofacial treatment teams and advocate for family-centered team care,
- offer telephone and online support: 1-800-24-CLEFT (800-242-5338), email@example.com,
- host the Connections Conference: for Families, Caregivers, and Patients,
- provide Cleftline Teddy Bears with repaired cleft lips,
- share stories from and for affected individuals and families,
- award a minimum of three $500 college scholarships each year to young adults affected by cleft and craniofacial birth defects,
- fund research to learn all we can about prevention and care, and
- award scholarships to healthcare professionals.
How can I find out more about one or more of these services and programs?
You can click on the links above for more information on the specific service or program you are interested in.